Welcome to Episode #001 of the #ProudToBeKinky Podcast, we discuss how to get off the internet and meet real-life partners or friends who share the same kinks and fetishes as you. We know it seems terrifying joining your local scene, fears of being seen, being outed, or meeting any old weirdos can be completely off-putting. We felt the same, then we joined, then found everyone to be very normal, pleasant, welcoming and accepting whilst being 100% respectful of consent. (And very few weirdos!) In recent years respect for gay and trans people is stronger than ever and quite rightly so. Yet if you’re into kink, then it still seems acceptable for people to judge, ridicule, ask lots of inane questions and jump to their own uninformed, often exaggerated assumptions. It’s that attitude that deters people from joining in the first place. We know, like you do, that being ‘kinky’ isn’t just some passing fad, it can be a sexuality like being straight or gay. We’re not claiming to be experts, we’re just a small group of friends who want to help others enjoy the same experiences we have. Still got a long way before it’s totally acceptable but we’re working on it. Please remember that you are not alone with your kinky inclinations… and like we say in the episode, if you don’t know anyone on the scene then you now know us! Topics We Cover:
- Going to a Fetish Meet-up and joining your local scene.
- Addressing the social stigma of being kinky.
- How NOT to send out creepy messages. (Yes, we still have to cover that issue)
- How just joining FetLife or going to a meet-up and not talking to anyone is not enough. Make conversation!
- How we got into it in the first place.
- What is ‘Fetiqutte’.
- Our fears before joining (and how they were utterly unfounded). Telling our vanilla friends.